Mind Your Career Webinar: Master the Interview
Anne Marie Segal, AM'96, author of the book, Master the Interview: A Guide for Working Professionals, who writes on career and resume topics at Forbes.com and has been quoted on CNBC.com and other media outlets is presenting on this webinar.
Cost: No cost
Can't participate at the time of the event? No problem, reigister and you'll receive a link to the recording post-event.
Use this link to register
12 PM CT | 1 PM ET
Master the Interview: A Guide for Working Professionals by Anne Marie Segal (published October 2016; available on Amazon.com) will save you hours in the interview preparation process, keying you up for the right questions to ask yourself as well as ones that may arise in the interview room.
What is different about this book than other job interview books on the market? Here are five top ways this book is unique:
1) It is a workbook, so you can write and review your own thoughts and learn through doing, guided by expert advice and examples from a host of interviewers and job candidates.
2) It is comprehensive, from networking and informational interviewing to negotiations and noncompetition agreements. With a handy overview in the first chapter on how to use the workbook, you can choose to cover what you need, when you need it.
3) It does not simply give you one so-called “right” answer to any interview situation or run through a list of potential Q&As, but instead it promotes a nuanced and authentic approach.
4) It puts you behind the scenes and into the mind of an interviewer, so you can think more clearly about how you will come across in various contexts (Skype, phone screenings, panel interviews, etc.)
5) It includes four chapters that guide you to build a solid and compelling personal value proposition from the ground-up and tailor your presentation for each target employer.
“It's about time that someone took the time to go DEEP into the mechanics of effective interviewing.”
– Michael Melcher, Author of The Creative Lawyer
"This book is one of the best job search books today."
– Joshua Waldman, Author of Job Searching with Social Media for Dummies
ABOUT ANNE MARIE SEGAL:
Anne Marie Segal is a career and leadership coach, author and resume writer for attorneys, executives and entrepreneurs.
As Founder and Principal of Segal Coaching, Anne Marie has worked with hundreds of professionals across the U.S. and internationally on career transitions, advancement, job interview preparation, leadership development and personal branding through individual coaching, writing, workshops and seminars. She is a frequent public speaker and has been invited to present to the United Nations (ICTY), Association of Corporate Counsel and National Résumé Writers Association, among other organizations.
Anne Marie’s first book, Master the Interview: A Guide for Working Professionals, was published in October 2016 and is designed as a workbook to help readers grow their networking and interviewing skills and determine their value proposition in the workplace. She is a member of the Forbes Coaches Council, writes on career and resume topics at Forbes.com and has been quoted on CNBC.com and other media outlets.
With 15 years of experience as a corporate attorney prior to coaching, including 10 years in the hedge fund and private equity space and more than 4 years at a top Am Law 100 firm, Anne Marie is a practical, industry-savvy coach and writer. She relishes helping professionals at all levels discern, enhance and communicate their value and unlock advancement in their careers.
Admitted to practice law in New York and Connecticut (inactive), Anne Marie holds a J.D. from New York University School of Law, an M.A. in Art History from the University of Chicago and a B.A. in Fine Arts from Loyola University of Chicago. She is also a Certified Career Management Coach and Certified Professional Resume Writer.
| Event Contact